Mirvac launched its plan for a sustainable future in 2014 with This Changes Everything.
Strategy on a page
This year, we achieved two of our sustainability commitments, with the delivery of two Smart Buildings at 200 George Street in Sydney and 699 Bourke Street in Melbourne, as well as achieving our 20 per cent carbon intensity reduction (against a 2013 baseline).
We also set the new targets, including:
- integrating sustainability criteria into our procurement process by 2017;
- creating community plans or charters for all office, retail and residential projects by 2018;
- creating green travel plans for all assets by 2018;
- creating biodiversity action plans on all assets by 2018;
- piloting a home with no energy bills by 2018;
- installing solar PV on all new Mirvac homes by 2020; and
- installing batteries on all new Mirvac homes by 2025.